With #wellbeing as a value in our new school community I am keen to embed the #teacher5aday principles in the fabric of Aureus School from day 1. I will strive to model that we can be teachers and leaders but also establish balance in our pursuit of ‘work life harmony’.
I want to see our staff and our students ‘thrive’ and ‘flourish’ by creating the conditions needed to nurture a #wellbeing culture.
- I will continue to drive the growth of our #WomenEd community and support aspiring leaders through the DfE coaching pledge.
- I will continue in my role as a Primary Governor as it will give me insight in my role as Headteacher of a Year 7 school.
- I will support the activity of #BAMEed as it is a movement I believe passionately that will affect change in the system, for the better of all.
- I will maintain my relationships with friends and colleagues in London when I move to Oxford.
- I will get myself out and about in my new area to meet new people through some of the activities I have pledged to continue/ start.
- I will grow my friendships with the people I spent my summer in Tanzania with, both the local teachers and the volunteers.
- I will continue reading professional books by teachers and leaders.
- I will complete my NPQH and build in visits to Headteachers I have connected with to learn from their experiences a few years ahead of me.
- I will join a choir as I love music and singing.
- I will start a daily gratitude journal and continue my Happy Moments: Live, Love, Laugh pot to remind myself of all of the fab things in my life.
- I will explore the benefits of mindfulness.
- I will go on more walks to explore my new area.
- I will ride my bike more.
- I will find a yoga class to join in Oxford.
- I will go out dancing more!
Happy 2017 everyone! May this year be full of even more love, luck and laughter.
Hannah, The Hopeful Headteacher
Currently feeling hopeful about:
- Maintaining some of the changes from last year and making more positive choices to impact my lifestyle and #wellbeing this year.
Currently reading and thinking about:
- Thrive, Arianna Huffington
Currently feeling grateful for:
- Martyn Reah for the #teacher5aday pledges.
- Naomi Ward for the #teacher5aday journal.
- Viv Grant for the #WinterCalendar.
- Angela Browne for #NourishEd.
- Maria Alexander for the #HealthyToolkit.